International Pharmacy Graduate and Natural Health Practitioner
Zinc is a trace element that is necessary for a healthy immune system. A lack of zinc can make a person more susceptible to disease and illness.
Top Health Benefits of Zinc:
1. Increases immunity and fights colds and flu.
Multiple researches have demonstrated that zinc supplementation can reduce the duration and severity of a cold, if it’s started early on1. A randomized double‐blind, placebo‐controlled efficacy trial in 200 school-aged children showed that 10mg zinc supplementation per day was associated with significant decrease of the frequency of colds, and reduction in the duration and severity of the symptoms of common cold2.
2. Acts as a powerful antioxidant that fights against harmful free radicals.
3. Aids in nutrient absorption and digestion.
Zinc affects protein synthesis and is required by the body to use amino acids from foods. It’s also involved in the breakdown of carbohydrates from foods, which are one of the main sources of energy for the body. For this reason, zinc deficiency can cause low energy levels and contribute to adrenal or chronic fatigue, whereas consuming enough zinc benefits ongoing energy and healthy metabolism.
4. Helps with muscle growth and repair.
Zinc plays a crucial role in cell division and cell growth, so zinc benefits muscle repairment and growth by making it possible for the body to heal itself and maintain strength in the muscular and skeletal systems.
Say Hi to the brand new allKiDz® Zinc Gummies!
As parents ourselves, we understand you are looking for immune-boosting solutions for your precious ones during this winter. We are thrilled to announce that we have crafted a delicious fruity gummy formula that features higher Zinc potency – 10mg of Zinc per gummy in the superior Zinc Citrate form. This zinc content is higher than most of the other kids’ products on the market. It is also vegetarian/vegan-friendly as we only select plant-based ingredients with no animal gelatin. Of course, as always, it has no artificial flavours, colours, sweeteners, common allergens (gluten, for example) or preservatives. allKiDz® Zinc Gummies can be a simple yet powerful way to boost immune functions for your kids and your entire family.
1. Goutham Rao, MD; Kate Rowland, MD. Department of Family Medicine, The University of Chicago. Zinc for the common cold—not if, but when. The Journal of Family Practice. Vol 60, No 11. November 2011.
2. Rahim V. et al., Effects of Zinc Supplementation in Occurrence and Duration of Common Cold in School Aged Children during Cold Season: a Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Trial. Iran J Pediatr. Dec 2009; Vol 19 (No 4), Pp:376-380